SCOPE is the Spinal Cord Outcomes Partnership Endeavor. Its mission is to enhance the development of clinical trial and clinical practice protocols that will accurately validate therapeutic interventions for spinal cord injury (SCI) leading to the adoption of improved best practices.
To facilitate communication and coordination of effort between basic scientists, clinical researchers, academic institutions, industry, government agencies, and not-for-profit foundations.
- To foster collaboration among all stakeholders in their common goal to improve functional outcomes and quality of life for people living with SCI so they may more fully participate within society.
- To identify accurate, sensitive, and reliable outcome tools that measure a clinically meaningful benefit for specific body functions, daily activities, community participation, or quality of life that have been altered by SCI.
- To foster development of clinical trial protocols that lead to the adoption of the most effective best practices for the treatment and care of individuals living with SCI.
- Where warranted, to facilitate and establish guidelines for clinical trial protocols and outcomes, clinical practice, and community access and integration.
- To continually update and integrate new knowledge (e.g. relevant datasets) into SCOPE activities.
- To widely disseminate the teaching of valid therapeutic interventions for SCI through all available media.